BD Water is aiming to make water trading in WA
easier and smoother for everyone.

A licence trade allows you to buy or sell groundwater allocations.

Trades can only be completed in the same water resource – the combination of groundwater sub-area and aquifer.

Most water resources in WA are over-allocated, so getting a new licence issued is unlikely. This creates the need for licence trading, and BD Water is aiming to be the platform that facilitates it.


We can estimate how much water you will need to kick your project off the ground, and help you get that water licence.


We can handle your licence sale and ensure a hassle-free transaction, as we secure the funds prior to trade lodgement.

Trading Rates History

SwanSouth SwanSuperficial$6.00/kLNov 2019
SwanCentral SwanSuperficial$5.20/kLAug 2019
SwanSouth SwanSuperficial$4.65/kLSep 2019
GinginElipse HillSuperficial$1.50/kLApr 2019

We can take care of the
whole license trading process.


Matching buyers and sellers within the same groundwater sub-area and aquifer, and negotiating prices and quantities to reach an agreement within fair market value.


Lodging the application with the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation, handling all the paperwork according to the current regulations and guidelines.


Interfacing with DWER to provide support and additional information for the application.
Releasing the funds to the seller upon trade approval and licence transfer to the buyer.

BD Water Trading Platform

Trading water can be hard, we’re here to make it simple.

We are aiming to make the licence trading process simpler and smoother by developing the BD Water Trading platform.

Search for the resources available to your property, the licences you own, market rates and demand for your sub-area.
We believe this platform will allow you to better manage your water licences and make informed decisions on trading.

Water trading in perth for and selling water entitlements

BD Water Trading will be launching in early 2020

Enter your email to be the first to know about updates on the platform and launch.

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.

No more headaches over licensing,
we can manage your water licence.

Understand water licensing

We want to share the right knowledge about the application process, regulations and policies that affect the water market, and bridge the issues that come with the lack of knowledge around water trading.

We learn more each day, and we are happy to share this information with anyone who wants to know about water licensing.

Find the right trade for you

Water is a precious resource and trading doesn’t come easy.

We know which water resources you are allowed to trade licences with, and we can find the right trade for you.
We have a vast network of confirmed buyers and sellers, and we also operate ongoing campaigns to find new trades.

Trade water smoothly

We are the only company in WA that can handle the entire process for you. It is possible for you to tackle this process yourself, however, we can make the process much simpler and more effective.

Our goal is to make the process as simple as possible, so we take care of the whole application and supporting documents.

You may not need us,
but we can certainly help


We will take care of finding you a buyer or seller, as required. You don’t need to cut through red tape or deal with the bureaucrats, our system is simple and straightforward.


WA is constantly changing the regulations and policies surrounding water licence trading. You don’t need to brush up on those because you can be confident that we’re on top of it.


Soon, you will be able to use the BD Water Trading Platform, an online app to connect buyers and sellers for water licences and to smooth negotiation and application processes.

"BD Water did a fantastic job. A quote which explained everything, the work carried out in a timely manner and follow up once job was done. Highly recommend them to anyone."

- Alarna Richards

"Very professional and great attention to detail. Will continue to use in the future, highly recommend you do too!"

- Gregg McCumesky

"Very professional and the quality of work is A1, I can tell this company is passionate in providing the very best advice and service. So happy to see green green grass again !!!!"

- David Saunders

"Very professional and listened to all my requirements! Thanks again lads for going above and beyond, couldn't be happier!"

- Simon Starling

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions coming soon.