Before building the system to scope,
we envision and design the project.

At BD Water, our work starts with an idea of what people want our of their irrigation system. We work side by side with the client to design an irrigation system that will fulfil the property's needs.

After engineering the reticulation system, we tackle the construction of the project, allowing you to keep your farm running, your garden green and your livestock healthy.

Reticulation is an underground watering system. A veritable network of sprinklers to supply water in the cool hours of the morning before the long, dry days of summer begin.

An irrigation system works by simple mechanics and physics.

First, the underground high-pressure PVC pipes transport the water from your bore or the mains to the system. Typically, this network of pipes is deep, so your crop roots are safe.

Then, the solenoid valves allow water to flow to the sprinklers. They are activated from the control box, the system that sets the quantity and interval of water supplied, either manually, or that we can automate for you.

Finally, the sprinklers or other output systems distribute the water, leaving your property green.

Underground reticulation and projects from BD Water Services.

With in-house design and build,
we take on the full scope of a project.

We design and we build

We can fully design your custom reticulation system, no matter how challenging your property or idea is.

Our team will go to your property to design and later on to build on the agreed scope. We take care of your project end to end, to ensure you get the best quality of service every step of the way.

Underground irrigation system and project contractors from the team at BD Water.

Integration with different services

If you want to integrate your irrigation system with other services, we've got you covered.

From the simple electrical connections, to solar energy supply, and to larger scale automation, we can build your reticulation systems with any of these services. The smallest details make the biggest difference.

Efficiency and innovation

We strive to work efficiently. Our goal is to be in and out of your property as quickly and promptly as possible.

We are always seeking to update our knowledge and equipment to ensure we’re at the forefront of the industry. That translates when you see the work that we do.

Irrigation construction in Perth, Western Australia.

You may think we only build,
But we can certainly design and plan.


We give our free consultation to understand our client's needs for the design of the system. We install it exactly to the plan, allowing us to meet the expectations set for the job.


We can integrate your reticulation system with an off-grid solar panel as well. This allows low energy supply areas to get consistent power, saving money and saving the environment.


You can also opt for reticulation system automation. The entire system can be automated and scheduled so that you know everything is operating according to your plan.

Our Customers

What our clients and drillers say about us.

This is BD Water did a fantastic job. A quote which explained everything, the work carried out in a timely manner and follow up once job was done. Highly recommend them to anyone.
Alarna Richards
Very professional and great attention to detail. Will continue to use in the future, highly recommend you do too!
Facebook Gregg McCumesky
Very professional and the quality of work is A1, I can tell this company is passionate in providing the very best advice and service. So happy to see green green grass again !!!!
Facebook David Saunders
The quality of work was superb as was the customer service, would recommend to one and all, thanks again boys.
Facebook Barratt Liam

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need a bore meter?

In short - yes, if you have a water licence for more than 10,000 kL/a, and want to keep your full allocation (if you're not fully utilising your allocation, licence trading allows you to sell part or your full licence - more info on Licence Trading).

In some cases smaller allocations will also require a meter. Department of Water and Environmental Regulation has / will notify licensees where applicable.

Since 31 December 2020, all licences for 10,000 kL + require meters to have been installed on all drawpoints. If you have not installed a meter yet, please contact us or another provider ASAP.

How do I buy/sell a licence?

Traditionally you’ll need to find a buyer/seller in the same water resource you’re allowed to trade with, and offer to buy/sell part or the full allocation. Using our platform, Water Manager, you can list licences for sale or find licences available to purchase on your exact property.

A water allocation can be transferred to an existing or a new licence. This water can then be relocated and used for different purposes.

Both parties have to fill our a licence transfer form and submit it yothe Department of Water and Environmental Regulation. The trade will then go through due diligence with DWER, which usually takes multiple months before approved.

The process will look at the following:

  • Are you seeking to trade within your designated groundwater sub-area and aquifer?
  • What the allocation is currently used for?
  • Is the allocation is currently being fully utilised?
  • What is the new intent for the allocation?
  • Are there any environment incumbents?
  • Does the new owner of the allocation have the infrastructure in place to utilise the allocation or the financial capability to construct it?


Alternatively, you can talk to us. You can let us find you a buyer/seller for your trade, handle all the paperwork according to the current regulations and guidelines, and interface on your behalf with DWER. We will take care of the whole process.

 We make water licensing simple.

Do you represent the Department of Water?

No. BD Water is a private business and we do not represent the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation. BD Water owns Water Manager, which is also independent from DWER.

All information we provide is our own interpretation of their documentation and if unsure please confirm with DWER directly.

Can I trade licences with anyone?

Not with anyone.

You are only allowed to trade water within the same water resource. A water resource is the combination of groundwater area and sub-area & aquifer.

  • For the semi-confined aquifers Mirrabooka and Leederville, the trading range isn’t very restricted, as the sub-areas cover a wide geographical area.
  • For the Superficial aquifer, the groundwater sub-areas are geographical boundaries that put a more significant limit on the water resources. The same suburb can have 3-4 different sub-areas within itself.

You can check what water resource your property is in, and which licences are available for purchase on your property, via Water Manager. Our platform makes it easy to find buyers or sellers, and you can be sure you are trading with parties you are allowed to.

Can I get a new water licence issued?

Generally, no.

The majority of areas and aquifers are over allocated, meaning there is more water being extracted from the ground then there is replenishing the supply (via rainfall). This means no more new licences are being issued, certainly not around the denser areas of Perth.

There are some cases where a temporary allocation may be issued but this is generally reserved for construction works or emergency situations.

Generally, the only option for getting an allocation is to trade it with someone else. More info about water trading on Water Manager.

You can call us to discuss your situation, we can help you decipher if you are eligible for a new licence, or advise you of your options.

What is water licensing?

The Department of Water and Environmental Regulation started regulating the water use in WA because, simply put, we’re taking more water out of the ground than what’s going back in. This results in water levels dropping.


A groundwater licence is one of the ways DWER monitors and manages the amount of water being abstracted.

Water licences allow their holders to take more groundwater that the unlicensed standard amount to irrigate 1/2 an acre (2000 square meters).

More info about the licence management on Water Manager.

/* Facebook Messenger */